In the Design-Build approach, architectural design, manufacturing and construction of the project are entrusted to Modtech and a single contract is issued. The various components of the construction process are bundled into one package and Modtech is responsible for the complete, occupancy ready project.
- Any subcontractors report directly to Modtech and the Modtech Project Manager is the single point of contact for the project.
- Design, manufacturing & modular construction personnel communicate directly with each other, thereby reducing errors.
- The design & production teams are experts in the modular process and conventional construction improving the design to better fit the modular process.
- The project is designed to be built efficiently, focused on: function, quality, time and costs.
- To save additional time, materials, permits & resources can be obtained earlier due to better communication.
- Project constructability is evaluated early and changes can be made before production begins.